The reasons for wanting a cloud-based tool to efficiently manage your image library are varied. However, there some commonly-faced issues that most organisations grapple with that lead them to investigate such as solution.
The cost of these issues will vary immensely from organisation to organisation depending on the volume of images in your library, size of your organisation and the amount of marketing collateral that you produce:
- Images typically retrieved from various CDs, DVDs and server folders
- Uncatalogued images with an unmanageable database with little or no functionality
- Time-consuming to search – particularly for specific images across multiple shoots
- The process of short-listing prospective images while developing marketing collateral with clients is cumbersome
- Duplicate commissions for similar images due to staff turnover
- Uncontrolled access to images by internal staff
- Limited audit trail for image usage
- Reliant on various file transfer methods to distribute images externally to media, graphic designers, signage contractors, etc.
- Manual archive systems are cumbersome and very time-consuming to manage